Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Placebo

Sorry I haven't been writing lately. I've been in the great out doors ( great out doors= neighborhood). But I found a ton of great new bands that I'll hope you love!
Well the band this week is more widely known, at least more known then what I've posted up prior to this post. So can anyone define placebo? I just found out that it's a medication that has no affect. Like sugar pills, sometimes just taking a sugar pill can trick the patient into thinking their better already. I thought that was kinda cool and somthing to share.
The first time I heard mention of this band was when stephanie meyer ( twilight author) but one of their songs in her play list. Placebo actually comes from the UK, which is great. They have some great bands there. They only have 3 members from what I can see, one of which is Molko. He is the lead singer, and into black from what I can see. I looked at some of their pictures, and he kinda scares me a little because he's so pale and has black hair and eyeliner, then these bright blue eyes just pop right out!
I only have one of their albums, and its Meds, and it's really good. I just laid on my couch and listened to them. It's strangely calming, but also intense. It's hard to describe, but I feel at peace when I listen to them, even though the lyrics are a little depressing.
So that's the band for today! Hope you enjoy!
Here's the link to a video and where to buy a cd!

No comments:

Post a Comment